2012-02-08

Vinterslaget AAR

This last weekend was I at Vinterslaget in Halmstad a smaller Flames of War, Early War tournament. This is probably my last tournaments for a long time because of the house building plans.
Early war period is not a major period in the game area so it was fun to play some other period and have allot of tiny tanks. I fielded a similar list as last year when I won this tournament, this time did it not go that good. But there where no surprise in that because last year was EW new for every one. My list was a Czech Panzerkompanie from Blitzkrieg:
PlatoonQtyUnitPoints
Headquarters
Czech Panzerkompanie HQ p.73
2
1
Panzer 38(t) B
Sd Kfz 9
180
Combat Platoons
Panzer II Platoon p.67
5Panzer II C (early)225
Czech Panzer Platoon p.73
4Panzer 38(t) B350
Weapons Platoons
Mittlere Panzer Platoon p.69
3Panzer IV D450
Divisional Support
Heavy Panzerspäh Platoon p.83
2Sd Kfz 231 (8-rad)95
Motorised Light Artillery Battery p.104
1
1
1
1
2
Cmd SMG team
Staff team
Observer Rifle team
Motorcycle & Sidecar
10.5cm leFH18 howitzer
190
Company Points:1490

I knew that I would have problem with the allies heavy tanks that have armour of 5+. And during the tournament was this show several times that the My list needs some thing that can take out heavy tanks. I thought of "Leichte Pionier Platoon" which would cause problems for Matildor. But these units have problem to attack French medium armour. The other option would be air support. For V2 the air support is not good enough for it points but in V3 will they be more dominant. So next time I think I will include Stukas for support or maybe field a "Leichte Pionier Company" with some AT support. 

So in the end did I place my self in the midell and got 17points in 5 battles, an average of 3,4points/game. The winner was Andreas with 27points and his "Matildor of DOOM" I could not do anything against his 5 Matildor.
But this tournament was one of the friendliest and very well organised. So thank you Daniel for Vinterslaget 2012. I hope that I can join next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...